School of Applied Science of TEI of Crete is located in Chania and Rethymnon in the Western part of the island of Crete, in Greece. It was established in 1985 and it comprises of 3 departments, the Department of Electronic Engineering, the Department of Environmental and Natural Resources Engineering and the Department of Music Technology and Acoustics Engineering.
In the School of Applied Science, future Engineers are trained in different technology subjects in Undergraduate as well as in Graduate level. Since its establishment School of Applied Sciences emphasizes on both educational and research activities and seeks close cooperation with industry and small and medium enterprises in local, national and international level. Its facilities, the large infrastructure, the large variety of well equipped of laboratories, together with the highly qualified Professors, Instructors, as well as the Technical and Administrative personnel offer to the students a good education.
- The Department of Electronics Engineering focuses on scientific and technological knowledge related with Electronic Systems, Optoelectronics, Measurements, Automations, Programming, Telecommunication Systems, Electromagnetic and Microwave-Satellite Communications.
- The Department of Environmental and Natural Resources Engineering focuses on scientific and technological knowledge related with Renewable Energy Sources, Water Resource Management and Environmental Monitoring and Assessment.
- Graduates of the Department of Music Technology & Acoustics Engineering focus on scientific and technological knowledge related with Acoustics, Music Technology, Sound Engineering and Recording and Sound Production.
Also the School also offers 3 Master Programs in:
- Plasma Physics and Applications
- Geoenvironmental Resources and Risks
- Advanced Electronic Systems in Telecommunications and Automation (to start in September 2015)
The School of Applied Sciences of TEI of Crete has a strong presence in Greece and in Europe. It has partnerships with many institutions in Greece and abroad. Its graduates and preferred in the Industry for their good scientific background, and competence to apply technology. Many of the graduates from School of Applied Sciences have conquered high level positions in companies in Europe and worldwide while many also have excelled through their research at their postgraduate studies in Master, Doctoral or Post-Doctoral level.
For more information you can visit the website https://www.chania.teicrete.gr/home-en