Greetings from the Head of School
I am pleased to welcome all of you, especially the first-year-students, to our School of Health and Welfare Services, Technological and Educational Institute (TEI) of Crete, for the current academic year 2013-2014.
The School has roughly 2000 enrolled students, 19 Academic Staff members, 3 Specialized Technical Staff members and 4 Administrative Staff members. It comprises the Departments of Social Work and Nursing.
Our School is specialized in:
- providing scientific knowledge and technological skills in the fields of Social Work and Nursing, focusing on the social and clinical approach
- promoting research and intervention in fields relevant to the fields of study of the Departments
- creating centres of excellence, capable of claiming funds from the EU calls for competitive programmes
- broadening cooperation with large international academic institutes on educational and research projects
- ensuring the free spread of scientific knowledge and ideas and the free movement of persons
- the further improvement of the material and technical infrastructure of the School Labs and the development of a Master Programme